LET THE MAD AND MAGNIFICENT ENERGY OF THE FUTURISTS and their ludicrously wonderful manifesto be an inspiration at this cusp of deathly inertia and foaming revelation.
Let the staccato totems and the tents and the firefly proclamations of the Occupiers and the rebellious jukeboxes and the childlike believers pitchfork those who bank on banking and this dead god of economic growth.
Let the obscenity that is market force be seen for the cheap fraud it is.
Let the conversation begin again, led by dancer-poets not lobbyists.
After Marinetti, we purr like coiled cats over the paralytic mouse that is The Market. We do not accept the pre-eminence of privilege or masculine entrepreneurship.We pogo through the doors in the lifeless boardrooms of the spineless business of truculent cash.
We, with our pumping hearts revolt against the black death of normalcy; with honour, with real sense, with a hearty handshake.
Let the good incendiaries come. We have our eleven; we count with our innumerate hearts and choose to throw coins in the fountain.
We are rising with the colours of ecstatic belief. We deny the cynicism, the ineptitude and the unambition of the normal. You the normal must change; we are changing.
So we say
1. The people have been lied to and will undo the lies… so lie no more.
2. Democracy is a fraud where privilege is bought – at private schools; by sponsorship; by ‘influence’.
3. We will usurp the machismo-heads, the infertile parliamentary fools – those who feel not our great debates, the goodness of our humour, the freedom of our thoughts.
4. We will teach them that ‘growth’ is not necessary, planning is necessary…
5. That the aim of business is not to maximise profit, it is to make enough…
6. That the aim of life is not to idly stockpile money – it is to express the fullness of the human heart…
7. And that the business of government is not to fawn before business, it is to lead, magnificently.
8. Creativity must rule because only generosity sustains; dancers and poets must therefore lead us! ( Not Sarkozy/Merkel/Cameron! They are working for Barclays! They are yesterday’s men!)
9. Women will let us talk.
10. We will learn again that work can be good; work can be good for all of us.
11. And we must learn again… to engage with the need to transform.
Standing on the world’s summit, we launch our aspiration to the stars.